Hey y’all!

This past March when I went to Juarez, Mexico, my life changed. I felt called to the mission field and still do, so I started looking up ways to pursue missions and I looked at many, many organizations until God showed me YWAM (Youth With A Mission). What is YWAM? They are a non-profit organization that trains young missionaries to go into the Nations. They run Discipleship Training Schools (DTS) and mission trips in over 650 locations around the world. I will be attending the performing arts Discipleship training school, (Heartbridge) in Kona, HI! Why did I choose Hawaii? Well, for obvious reasons, it’s a gorgeous place and I love hiking and the beach (I mean who wouldn’t), but I also chose it because of dance. I have been a dancer for about 6 years, on and off due to injuries, but dance has always been apart of my life since I was little. And I love it.


 The whole journey is 6 months long, for 3 months we will be training in Hawaii, then we head to England for 5 weeks and then on to South Korea for another 5 weeks! While we are in Hawaii, we will be learning the performance called Coming Home which is the story of The Prodigal Son in Luke 15. Every day we will have lectures followed by training and rehearsals for the show, and on Saturdays, we have service day and we will be serving the community and helping out around the campus. While in Luton, England, we will be performing and serving the lower class, Gen Z, and refugee population. Luton is a very diverse city and has a huge immigrant population. While we are in Seoul, South Korea, we will be running dance camps for kids, teens, and even adults! We will also be ministering to local high schools and help serve in churches.


 I am so very excited for this opportunity! I would love it if you could be prayerfully supporting me in a day-to day basis! I am also building a team of supporters for YWAM and thought this might be something you’d like to invest in. To join YWAM I need to raise $8,000. Here is my blog where I will be posting weekly (hopefully) while I’m down there.


“He says, Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” - Psalms 46:10


In Him, 

Abi


Comments

  1. I am praying for you and God's ministry through you. Also, you WILL bring me some Kona coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts